Saturday, November 13, 2010

Repeating Patterns




I generally find repeating patterns of design to be rather soothing, but when the repeating patterns are my own potentially negative behavioral patterns, it's a different story.

I've spent the past week bargain hunting online and in-stores, seeking out the ever-elusive good deal. I've found a couple and just missed on a couple, too (which was very disappointing). I've noted a pattern...a repeating pattern of which I am not too proud. I've noticed that I find things that I like and think would work in the house, but I easily second guess myself or defer to wait for hubby's opinion. I've realized that I often defer to wait for his input...a healthy nod to consideration of the spouse's opinion or a pattern of self-doubt. Hmmm. I've noted this pattern a plenty in my mom who defers to my dad for all decisions big and little. I understand that they are a different generation, but it makes a girl think. As I tell my clients, awareness is the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment