Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Amnesia, please.

Do women who have children acquire post-delivery amnesia? I think that they must. At 38 weeks, 6 days (yes, I am counting), I cannot imagine wanting to be pregnant again. I haven't had a horror-story pregnancy...no daily violent vomitting (just lots of dry heaving coupled with constant nausea for the first 20-some weeks), no high blood pressure or pre-eclampsia, no required bedrest (just sciatica pain so severe that I am limited to the bed or couch for most of the past two weeks), but still! I'm guessing that the sight of one's own child being brought into this world or the birthing process itself casts an invisibility cloak over all of those negatives...if not, it seems that the world would be filled with only chlidren!

No comments:

Post a Comment